About Shatavari Churna
Shatavari, or Asparagus racemases, has been used for centuries in Ayurveda to support the reproductive system, particularly for females, and as a support for the digestive system, especially in cases of excess pitta. This support is not only for the young woman, but also for women in their middle and elder years, to help them gracefully transition through the natural phases of life, including menopause.
Ingredients of Shatavari Churna
- Anti oxidants
- Folic acid
Benefits of Shatavari Churna
- It is very useful in conditions where there is less oestrogen like symptoms like nausea, abdominal cramps, mood swings in premenstrual syndrome, hot flashes, dryness of vagina during menopause.
- It also cleanses the uterus, strengthens the uterus thus making it ready for fertilizations. The health of the uterus is important during impregnation and during the growth of the fetes.
- It helps to increase libido thereby increasing the fertility.
- It helps in leucorrhoea, metrorrhagia, giddiness, tiredness.
- It also helps to increase the flow of urine and prevents burning micturition or difficulty in urination, inflammation of the urinary tract.
- It is hepatoprotective thus reducing the symptoms in jaundice and also strengthens the liver.
- It balances the harmones by normalizing the decreased oestrogen.
- It is also good for the increase the sukra dhathu thus enhancing fertility in males and also helps in spermatorrhoea.
- It is especially helpful during lactation and increases the breast milk.
- It improves the memory and helps to reduce the burning sensation in the eyes.
- It is also good for heartburn, gastritis, indigestion, diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome.
- It can be used to strengthen the uterus after miscarriage and also to prevent miscarriage.
- It helps to improve the peristaltic movements thereby preventing constipation.
- It nourishes the nerves and even helps in the function of the brain with intelligence.
- It helps bronchitis with increased pitta dosha with inflammation of the throat.
- It acts on Sadhaka pitta which thereby reduces palpitation and also acts as cardiotonic.
- It increases the ojas which is the essence of the seven dhathus. It helps to reduce debility and increases the immunity of the body.
- It can be used after hysterectomy to balance the harmones
Shatavari Churna Dosage
One to two teaspoon can be taken with milk, honey or warm water after food twice daily. The duration of taking it will depend on the condition. It can be taken for a minimum period for 3-6months for better improvement in the symptoms.